I enjoy fantasizing about my future, including my future apartment that I can't wait to decorate (who knows when this will actually happen). Thanks to the selby & antique stores for playing into my fantasies. Sometimes i like to pretend this apartment is in some place like Tangier, Southern California, or even a little house in the south.
things on my list so far:
1. Chalkboard paint. this is such a genius idea. for the kitchen, maybe even the fridge? I'd love to have it on a wall in my room (the guy in 500 days of summer had it & it comes in handy as an inspiration board-for him an intense makeover scene where he rediscovers his passion for architecture.)
2. A pug. my home would not be complete without my own little black pug (name still undecided, shapiro? winnie?)
3. Collection of crazy & random portraits of 17th/18th century men and women. Maybe one of the Marquis de Lafayette to express my undying love for him.
4. Random antique collectibles (I was so tempted to buy Mammy & Butler salt and pepper shakers the other day)
I found one of these in blue & knew it was for me. I want a nautical themed room.
4. Plantation print china. This stuff is just too awesome (if not china, then wallpaper)
I'm already giddy with excitement.